Written by experienced IB teachers and workshop leaders with an in-depth understanding of teaching and assessments for the IB design technology SL and HL courses!
This bestselling Revise IB book gives all the information students need about their IB Diploma Programme design technology SL and HL exams.
As well as example question types and student answers, there are three full sets of exam papers for students to practice under timed conditions.
- Set A: Build confidence and familiarity… These papers include question-by-question support, strategies and markscheme hints to help students get to the right answer.
- Set B: Find out where there are gaps in revision… These papers are presented with fewer helpful suggestions. Students should do these closer to the exam.
- Set C: The ultimate exam practice! These papers have no extra help – they are just like the real exam. The perfect set to check students are exam ready.
From some excellent and unique multiple-choice questions for Paper 1 to invaluable advice from the experts on how to tackle Paper 2 (plus some unseen case studies for HL students for Paper 3), this book provides essential exam practice support for students revising for their design technology exams.
- understand what to expect from the design technology exam papers – with a breakdown of the format of Paper 1 (SL and HL), Paper 2 (SL and HL) and Paper 3 (HL only), the command terms and the assessment objectives.
- see example answers to Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3-style questions – with brand new, unseen sample answers to exam-style questions and answer analysis from the point of view of an examiner.
- test themselves – with three complete sets of exam-style design technology practice papers (the first set includes loads of additional tips, examiner commentary and support to guide students to achieve high marks; the second set has fewer helpful prompts; the last set has no additional help and is designed so students can have a go at it themselves!)
- check answers – with fully-worked solutions in the back of the book.