Much more interesting and more effective than relying on past papers. The perfect way to test if students are exam-ready before mocks and the real thing.
Written by experienced IB teachers and workshop leaders with an in-depth understanding of teaching and assessments for the IB design technology SL and HL courses!
With three full sets of exam-style practice papers for SL and HL students, this bestselling Revise IB book gives all the information students need for their IB Diploma Programme design technology SL and HL exams.
- Set A: Build confidence and familiarity… These papers include question-by-question support, strategies and markscheme hints to help students get to the right answer.
- Set B: Find out where there are gaps in revision… These papers have fewer helpful suggestions. Students should do these closer to the exam.
- Set C: The ultimate exam practice! These papers include no extra help – they are just like the real exam. The perfect set to check students are exam ready.
From some excellent and unique multiple-choice questions for Paper 1 to invaluable advice from the experts on how to tackle Paper 2 (plus some unseen case studies for HL students for Paper 3), this book is full of essential exam practice support for students revising for their design technology exams.
- understand what to expect from the design technology exam papers – with a breakdown of the format of Paper 1 (SL and HL), Paper 2 (SL and HL) and Paper 3 (HL only), the command terms and the assessment objectives.
- see example answers to Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3-style questions – with brand new, unseen sample answers to exam-style questions and answer analysis from the point of view of an examiner.
- test themselves – with three complete sets of exam-style design technology practice papers (the first set includes loads of additional tips, examiner commentary and support to guide students to achieve high marks; the second set has fewer helpful prompts; the last set has no additional help and is designed so students can have a go at it themselves!)
- check answers – with fully-worked solutions in the back of the book.