Level 1 Award in Preparing to Learn
Welcome to this interactive coursebook for Level 1 Award in Preparing to Learn. In this section, you will find out a bit more about how to navigate through the learning outcomes.
To be awarded the Level 1 Award in Preparing to Learn, you are required to successfully complete one mandatory unit: Unit 1: Preparing to Learn (1 credit).
During this unit, you will understand the demands and main aims of a course of study. You will also understand how to organise study time effectively, including the key features of a good, safe and productive learning environment.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 1 Award in Learning to Learn
- Level 2 Award in Learning to Learn
- Level 2 Award and Certificate in Employability Skills
- Level 2 Award for Developing Effective Thinking Skills
- Level 2 Award and Certificate in Developing Enterprise Skills
Your learning outcomes and assessment criteria
Each learning outcome in this interactive unit is broken down into topics which cover the assessment criteria. Click on each of the learning outcomes below to find out more about the course.
- Understand the demands of a course of study
- 1.1 Identify the main aim of a course of study
- 1.2 Outline the demands of a course of study including:
- time scale
- assessment criteria
- forms of assessment
- Understand how to organise study time effectively
- 2.1 Identify appropriate times of study
- 2.2 List the key features of a good, safe and productive learning environment
- 2.3 Identify the personal challenges that may affect study
Your assessment tasks
Throughout this interactive coursebook, there are several assessment tasks to complete. These have been designed to help you show your understanding of the assessment criteria. There are Learner Assessment Worksheets available to fill out for each learning outcome (LO). These can be downloaded at the beginning of each LO.
For each of the assessment criteria, there are also quick check quizzes for your own self-assessment. These interactive questions test your recall and understanding of the unit content throughout.