Occupational Studies Unit 40: Understanding business communication
Welcome to this interactive unit for Occupational Studies, Unit 40: Understanding business communication. In this section, you will find out a bit more about how to navigate through the learning outcomes.
This unit can be used as a standalone course or as a contribution to the following qualifications:
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Exploring Occupational Studies for the Workplace (601/1086/7)
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Occupational Studies for the Workplace (601/1087/9)
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Occupational Studies for the Workplace (601/1088/0)
- NCFE Level 1 Diploma in Occupational Studies for the Workplace (601/1089/2)
Your learning outcomes and assessment criteria
Each learning outcome in this interactive unit is broken down into topics which cover the assessment criteria. Click each of the learning outcomes below to find out more about the course.
- Know about types of communication
- 1.1 Identify types of communication used in an average business day
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages in the choice of communication
- 2.1 Identify how to choose the right communication method
- Understand effective communication
- 3.1 Identify effective and ineffective communication
- Understand behaviours within a team
- 4.1 Identify individual and group behaviours in a team
- Understand the benefits of an effective communication strategy
- 5.1 Outline the measurable benefits of effective communication
Your assessment tasks
Throughout this interactive unit, there are several assessment tasks to complete. These have been designed to help you show your understanding of the assessment criteria. There are Learner Assessment Worksheets available to fill out for each learning outcome (LO). These can be downloaded at the beginning of each LO.
For each of the assessment criteria, there are also quick check quizzes for your own self-assessment. These interactive questions test your recall and understanding of the unit content throughout.