Occupational Studies Unit 65: Working in a team
Welcome to this interactive unit for Occupational Studies, Unit 65: Working in a Team. In this section, you will find out a bit more about how to navigate through the learning outcomes.
This unit can be used as a standalone course or as a contribution to the following qualifications:
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Exploring Occupational Studies for the Workplace (601/1086/7)
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Occupational Studies for the Workplace (601/1087/9)
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Occupational Studies for the Workplace (601/1088/0)
- NCFE Level 1 Diploma in Occupational Studies for the Workplace (601/1089/2)
Your learning outcomes and assessment criteria
Each learning outcome in this interactive unit is broken down into topics which cover the assessment criteria. Click on each of the learning outcomes below to find out more about the course.
- Understand the characteristics of good team working
- 1.1 Identify 2 characteristics of a good team
- 1.2 Give a reason why each of these characteristics improves team performance
- Understand and demonstrate own strengths and role in a team
- 2.1 Identify own strengths and role within a team
- 2.2 Give an example of using own strengths within a team
- Be able to recognise and value the contribution made by others in a team
- 3.1 Identify the strengths others can bring to a team
- 3.2 Give real examples of the contribution made by others in a team
- Be able to participate in a team
- 4.1 Identify the goals that a particular team they are a member of has set
- 4.2 Carry out their own role and responsibilities within their team effectively
- 4.3 Be supportive of other team members
- 4.4 Be receptive to others’ views within the team
- 4.5 Review their own performance in the team and suggest ways they can improve in future
Your assessment tasks
Throughout this interactive unit, there are several assessment tasks to complete. These have been designed to help you show your understanding of the assessment criteria. There are Learner Assessment Worksheets available to fill out for each learning outcome (LO). These can be downloaded at the beginning of each LO.
For each of the assessment criteria, there are also quick check quizzes for your own self-assessment. These interactive questions test your recall and understanding of the unit content throughout.